My boys and I
- A beautiful bouquet of weeds perches on your window sill.
- Your service for sixteen contains seven plates and 11 bowls.
- Someone asks your age, and your mind blanks. But you can recall to the minute when each child was born.
- After sharing your drinking glass, it resembles a miniture aquarium.
- Your dress sleeve doubles as a kleenex box.
- Eating out is a hot dog roast.
- You don’t want a dishwasher-you already have five!
- Your dryer seems to be a Bermuda Triange for socks.
- You risk waking your sleeping baby just to kiss her soft little cheek.
- The display on your coffee table may include a dead mouse.
- “Can a moth burb?” is the sort of mind-stumping question you face daily.
- You know how to sanitize a pacifier with out turning on the faucet.
- After washing the kitchen floor, you keep returning just to admire it.
- Your diaper bag is your purse.
- You love the smell of your baby’s neck.
- Smudgy handprints on the window sill are a form of art for your guests to enjoy.
- Being gone for a few hours makes you homesick.
- There are never enough Band-aids in the cupboard.
- Mooing like a cow facilitates the opening of little mouths at mealtime.
- You wonder why it took so long to comb your hair when you were a teenager.
- You’re the only overheated person when the family sits down to Sunday dinner.
- After the children are sleeping, you return to their bedsides to kiss a soft cheek or stroke back some curls, and silently thank the Lord for making you the richest woman alive.